Chef David's Butternut Squash Soup
10 SEP 2020
As the days become shorter and cooler, soup can always be counted on to warm you up after a round. Georgetown Golf Club's Executive Chef David Rooney is sharing his recipe for Fall Harvest Soup that is a Georgetown Member favourite.
- 1-2 large butternut squash
- 1-2 small to medium green zucchini
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium Spanish onion
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- ½ clove minced garlic (optional)
- 2 tbsp. of maple syrup
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heavy cream (optional)
- Chop the squash, zucchini, peppers and onion into small cubes and put them into a saucepan. Add the olive oil, rosemary and garlic.
- Saute all ingredients until soft (add a little water if desired).
- Remove from saucepan and put into a blender or food processor.
- Once blended, put back in saucepan and add the maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and seasoning. Add heavy cream to desired thickness.
Food & Beverage Manager